Thursday 1 November 2012

My first daybook

Hi everyone,

Thought I would share something a bit different with you this evening. I recently joined a group on Facebook called "Daybook Delights". This is a fab group with so much inspiration. Have a look at Cathy Vee's blog to find out more about daybooks. (Also look at her daybooks - they are amazing!) Basically daybooks are like scrapbooks but they are more informal than the 12x12 layouts. You can buy daybooks and lots of accessories by Amy Tangerine, but a lot of people in the group make their own. After seeing all their fab books I was inspired to make my own and thought I would share it with you. Here are a few pictures...








I have sewn it together using some cord I had and just used a compass to make the holes - nothing fancy! Daybooks are great because you can use your scraps - they look more interesting if not all the pages are regular. I would normally go for all co-ordinated papers but wanted to go a bit random with this one (plus I didn't have a lot of double-sided papers to use!). I wanted to fill this book with photos and bits from our holiday in Wales. I have nearly finished it, so will post pictures when it's done.

Thanks for looking and would love to read your comments.

Katie xx

4 comments:

  1. Super cute book. Nice shout out too to Daybook Delights! Awesome group there I tell ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super day book, Katie, love it, great idea xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love that it is not 12 x 12 and more a reasonable and practical size for daily use too. Great idea, off to join the FB group so I have another thing on my crafty list to make lol. P.S. I have Santa’s Candy on my blog !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking - I always love to receive comments and feedback! x